Radical and Revolutionary Love:

This is an active daily call. We must personally submerge ourselves in this kind of love. This is the love that changes OUR hearts, not just the world. It is transformation. Reformation and affirmation for all peoples. This kind of love sees no walls, no limitations and exists hand in hand with freedom. It is a loud and unapologetic love, though it be found in the form of a whisper and the touch of a shoulder. This love has no blindness, it is not bound to culture or convention. It is not popular. It is often misunderstood. It forces us out to places where we are caused to weep, grapple with the unimaginable and kneel speechless in the dirt. 

This love sees the unworthy, the ugly, the rebel, the broken, the aged, the bitter and cruel. It sees them in their flesh and blood. It fully accepts the human frame the heart has been sown into, and does not turn away. It turns and meets eye to eye. Without flinching, without pulling away, without fear. It is a courageous love. It is a strong and unshakable love. This love crushes perfection, plans and politeness. It sweeps like wildfire. 

This kind of love is a verb love. It actively does the brave things we so often forget or over look. It lingers and has a conversation, sees details, it drops off food that was not expected but desperately needed. It is tempered and transformed. It is undaunted by darkness and understands the endurance and patience required through all seasons of life. 

I cannot manifest this love on my own. This is an overflow from anything I can possibly give. I am limited. I will exhaust myself completely trying to keep up with this kind of love on my own. But I can see it. I am moved by it over and over again throughout my day. It is like the wind. I can see the effects of the wind, I can feel it, and I can transform it into a moving power. Anytime I see this kind of action it is because someone woke up today and said ``Yes, I will.``

My God is that wind. He alone has that transforming power. His love and grace is unapologetic for being inclusive and unyielding. He is jealous and radical. He is less interested in my constant comfort than he is in my constant character. 

God sees people in ways I do not. He sees those which I am in direct contact with in a greater and more whole image than I do. I am still so often caught in the human senses of sight, sound and emotional feeling. He sees them and their journey. Every choice and step along the way. He knows their greatest joys, struggles and their present focus. All that there is to know, he knows. Not one thing has escaped his sight, or his love.

So we answer a call. A deep groaning like the wind moving a dense forest of trees. His love bends us out of shape, to better suit his hands! May we always be accessible and reach up and out like those trees. We are called to daily reach to our great source, dig deep to know where we have grown from, and shelter those under our care. 
So who is under our care? Who isn't under our care! The daily call has a daily answer! Whom so ever crosses your path, is part of your call. To be light and life to all. To reflect all that is poured into you. It is such a simple thing, it starts small and grows. Every day spent with eyes open for opportunities to love in practical ways becomes a flowing daily pattern.  

So fight the fear with courageous love. Fight the chaos with graceful peace. Fight the anger and bitterness with forgiveness and always remember to draw deeply on your roots and reach high to your greatest source. 

The great love of my God is as constant as my very breath, and is as essential. 

Comments

Popular Posts