Greetings and general salutations to you all,
Alas it has been months since I stumbled by and mentioned that I am in fact still breathing. Having officially joined the adult world with my career, things are much busier these days. Bought my first car--outright which was great. Saving is a good thing. Nice little 05' Honda Civic with a sunroof and stickshift for fun. ;) Great little car. I look forward to many more memories with it. In other news my computer finally gave up the ghost, so I am running the new one. THANK GOD that I had the foresight to run my laptop as a mirror to my desktop computer. I bought both those things in the same week. Ouch. Lol. :S
I will have been with the ministry for a year in July and that will be a very exciting moment for me. That is only months away and there will be much happening in the months leading up to it. Huge projects that I have been working on that will just roll over into the next one after that. I was picking my boss' brain a bit about the business/political responsibilities we have. As much as we are designers, we are also business men, and woman. lol. I work with all men in my department. There are other women who are part of our excellent admin staff, but they call my side of the office the dark side of the moon. ;) Very funny ladies.
I would normally be at the gym/in a meeting tonight, but I rolled my ankle last night so I am giving it a rest tonight. So, you find me here. Trying to remember what my former haunts looked like.
General life, oh there have been many realizations since the clock struck midnight on New Years. Many on a more personal note, some more on a relational note. Things like: I really cannot be friends with everyone, nor do I have to be. I don't like that reality, trust me. But it is impossible to defend oneself against general stupidity and foot-in-mouth disease, unless you are ready to cut loose a few strings and reduce contact with people who really are not adding anything to your world. On the flip side, I am also trying less to work myself into the ground, and make more time for my friends and family. I have since realized that I am no longer in university and don't have to work the same hours that I did there. What a shocker. ;) So no more freelancing for me for a while. I have a steady income, so it is not a financial need that drives my work by any means. :)
I have also had some splendid highs and miserable lows with my freelancing and my occupation. Brutal and gut-wrenching lessons in Freelancing...and amazing opportunities to shine in my work for the ministry. Having with a meeting with stakeholders for a project and feeling like you are going to be sick after receiving an email from a client. It felt weird having to apologize to my guests whom we had flown in for the meetings that I was normally more cheery than this, but had just received some hard news. I think I walked through as best as I could having never had to deal with something like that. I owe my co-workers big time for their great advice and care. :) I have had a few times where I wanted to huck my blackberry out a moving car...let me tell you. lol. Bringer of good and EVIL tidings. Sheesh. Information age. More like...well...you get the point.
And yes, I do have an office Dad. His name is Brian, and he is awesome. We share music and epic stories of star-crossed lovers! Hahaha!XD
I have been writing a bit again, and doodling here and there, but nothing really worth sharing up here. I am kind of in a competition with an individual, consider it a serious game of poker except it is more life than cards and more strategy rather than pot-dollars. So my focus is rather bifurcated there. And my cousin's wedding is in 98 days. I am so stoked for he and his lovely lady! We seem to be having a wedding just about every year in the family now. :D It is very very cool. Our huge family is just getting bigger!
Cheers and best wishes with your every endeavor!
ER
Alas it has been months since I stumbled by and mentioned that I am in fact still breathing. Having officially joined the adult world with my career, things are much busier these days. Bought my first car--outright which was great. Saving is a good thing. Nice little 05' Honda Civic with a sunroof and stickshift for fun. ;) Great little car. I look forward to many more memories with it. In other news my computer finally gave up the ghost, so I am running the new one. THANK GOD that I had the foresight to run my laptop as a mirror to my desktop computer. I bought both those things in the same week. Ouch. Lol. :S
I will have been with the ministry for a year in July and that will be a very exciting moment for me. That is only months away and there will be much happening in the months leading up to it. Huge projects that I have been working on that will just roll over into the next one after that. I was picking my boss' brain a bit about the business/political responsibilities we have. As much as we are designers, we are also business men, and woman. lol. I work with all men in my department. There are other women who are part of our excellent admin staff, but they call my side of the office the dark side of the moon. ;) Very funny ladies.
I would normally be at the gym/in a meeting tonight, but I rolled my ankle last night so I am giving it a rest tonight. So, you find me here. Trying to remember what my former haunts looked like.
General life, oh there have been many realizations since the clock struck midnight on New Years. Many on a more personal note, some more on a relational note. Things like: I really cannot be friends with everyone, nor do I have to be. I don't like that reality, trust me. But it is impossible to defend oneself against general stupidity and foot-in-mouth disease, unless you are ready to cut loose a few strings and reduce contact with people who really are not adding anything to your world. On the flip side, I am also trying less to work myself into the ground, and make more time for my friends and family. I have since realized that I am no longer in university and don't have to work the same hours that I did there. What a shocker. ;) So no more freelancing for me for a while. I have a steady income, so it is not a financial need that drives my work by any means. :)
I have also had some splendid highs and miserable lows with my freelancing and my occupation. Brutal and gut-wrenching lessons in Freelancing...and amazing opportunities to shine in my work for the ministry. Having with a meeting with stakeholders for a project and feeling like you are going to be sick after receiving an email from a client. It felt weird having to apologize to my guests whom we had flown in for the meetings that I was normally more cheery than this, but had just received some hard news. I think I walked through as best as I could having never had to deal with something like that. I owe my co-workers big time for their great advice and care. :) I have had a few times where I wanted to huck my blackberry out a moving car...let me tell you. lol. Bringer of good and EVIL tidings. Sheesh. Information age. More like...well...you get the point.
And yes, I do have an office Dad. His name is Brian, and he is awesome. We share music and epic stories of star-crossed lovers! Hahaha!XD
I have been writing a bit again, and doodling here and there, but nothing really worth sharing up here. I am kind of in a competition with an individual, consider it a serious game of poker except it is more life than cards and more strategy rather than pot-dollars. So my focus is rather bifurcated there. And my cousin's wedding is in 98 days. I am so stoked for he and his lovely lady! We seem to be having a wedding just about every year in the family now. :D It is very very cool. Our huge family is just getting bigger!
Cheers and best wishes with your every endeavor!
ER

Comments