Greetings to all of you,

I do realize I have been rather invisible as of late, and I do apologize. It has been a busy month with some pleasantries—my birthday, holidays, setting up my freelancing business, graduation, and sailing with my family in Victoria—as well as some not so pleasant business (people dropping the ball, backing out after the final was delivered almost a month ago etc...) so full of win ;) The latter can always be expected. You throw out as many fishing lines as you can and keep trying, as far as the business world is concerned. I have a lot of work through referrals and previous contacts so I cannot complain. I have had some surprises along the way where I have had opportunities to work with some larger organizations, not just individuals, which has been cool.

I was out in the garden pulling weeds with my Mum last night and we were talking a lot about the uncertainty of the future. As much as I am trying to set down roots with my business and my re-involvement in my community, it in no way ensures that I will not have to move to another city to have the life I long for. ( I am volunteering on a Marketing Strategy and Assessment with a friend of mine for a non-profit organization, as well as being part of the leadership team for our YA group. ) :la: There are moments when I feel like I am not asking the right questions almost. Like what I am long to know is on the tip of my tongue, and I just don't know how to say it.  How do I stay content, continue to push forward and really give it my all, if not too far down the road I am going to have to leave it all behind? Right now I am trying to take it in 6 mos. increments, and not panic because I don't have a "5 year plan" in place for my life. That is nice if you can get it or have it, but at the moment, it feels like as much as I am trying to find the trails I left behind me 5 years ago, I don't know how long it will last. Financially speaking, staying local will be essential for a bit, at least I can lean back into that. Maybe I just don't really love the sensation of waiting. I feel like I have been waiting for a very long time for an answer that doesn't seem to come. do I stay, do I go, am I not asking the right questions, is there something I haven't thought of, am I ignoring something I shouldn't be etc.

These questions may be in wake of seeing someone and having to walk away from it because we both had some major things that we couldn't back down on. Totally understandable, I hold him no ill will, as I expect he understood the same for me. I took a brief 4 day holiday with my Dad, that helped. ;)

That all went down about a month or so ago, so I am back to being busy, filling in my time as I please and roving the great world contentedly on my own. I really do enjoy my independence.

But I have a funeral to attend this afternoon, so I shouldn't spend too much more time here.

L&P as always,

Emily

Comments

Popular Posts