Ever felt like you knew who your opposite was? It is so weird to be caught up in some free moments to think about it all...But I think I have always known.

My opposite, my reflection into another world, in a distance, all same-ness and all memory would have to be my childhood best friend. If I look back now, how our lives have run, have been quite parallel to one another.           I happen to find this bizarre. Almost 23 years, now and for some reason there are days when those moments go running through my head. Running in the snow, playing in the tall trees, imagining a world that only exists in our hearts. He always brought a sense of wonder into my life. He still does. Our adventures, our interests, what we think, say and do are often so frighteningly similar. The stages that we have passed through are so near exact.

How can you describe it? I do not ever expect our paths to cross again, since it has been many, many years since I saw him last. But I still feel like we are both running through our lives, separated by mountains and trees, and I can still look over and see he is there running and making his own way. I always knew he would do great things, and I was right. I know God has blessed him and kept him, and will continue to do so. No matter where he goes. I'll still remember. I'll still want to shake his hand some day and wish him all the greatest and best things that only God can pour out in our lives. We don't always get to thank the people that have given us part of their lives. We don't always get to tell the people around us how we really feel. How much we love, admire, hold dear, respect, treasure and endeavor to be like. I think I would like to do even more of that this year.

Maybe he is still stuck in childhood in my head because of the time that I knew him. A time when I was a very lost little girl. A very hurt little girl, because of a Father who just too ill and couldn't be there. Kids are so aware. And they will carry their pains all their years if they don't face them. It took me until age 17 to do that. Somehow he helped to make some of that anger and hurt go away. No childhood is perfect. Nor are the choices that we make back then, that follow us as we grow.

He gave me a gift back then, that has carried forth to today. I hope that I can say that I have continued to pass that blessing on to everyone I know. The gift of wonder, the gift of reaching beyond circumstances, and the gift of a friend who wants to invest in you, with no personal gain.

cheers,

E

Song for the day, just so you will get caught up in the wonder: Jonsi - Hengilas

Comments

Heather said…
<3



(Get some sleep, too! My, my.)

Popular Posts